Creating a Portfolio Item
Portfolio item is a single entity of your portfolio collections. It can be a photo, a project, a design or a product etc. To create a Portfolio item, please follow the steps below:
Step 1: Please go to Dashboard > Portfolios > Add New.
Step 2: Select the Portfolio item post format - gallery, image, video, link, document, HTML.
Image - Use the standard Featured Image option for the portfolio image. Use the editor for your content.
Gallery - This VamTam Portfolio Format allows you to have a gallery slider in the post - here's an example: https://construction.vamtam.com/projects/yes-we-eat-healthy/. Use the "Add Media" button in a text/image block element to create a gallery.This button is also found in the top left side of the visual and text editors. Please note that when the Media manager opens up in the lightbox, you have to click on "Create Gallery" on the left and then select the images for your gallery. For more information on how to work with the Media library, you can watch the video guide Using a Media Library: http://support.vamtam.com/support/solutions/articles/183764
Please note that in order to have a gallery with a fixed height, you need to crop all images to the same dimensions. You can do this using the built-in WP image editor.
Video - Put the url of the video in the post format option field above the editor. You must use an oEmbed provider supported by WordPress or a file supported by the [video] shortcode which comes with WordPress. Vimeo and Youtube are supported.
Link - Use the standard Featured Image option for the portfolio image. Use the editor for your content. Put the link in the post format option field below if you want the image in the portfolio listing to lead to a particular link. If you leave the link field blank, clicking on the image in the portfolio listing page will open up the portfolio post.
Document - Use the standard Featured Image option for the portfolio image. Use the editor for your content. The image will only be shown in the portfolio listing.You will need "Link" post format if you need the featured image to appear in the post itself
HTML - Use the standard Featured Image option for the portfolio image. Use the editor for your content. HTML type does not work with the ajax portfolio.
Step 3: Set the settings of the post format according to the help text above the editor.
Step 4: Attach the post to a category/ies. They are found on the right hand side.
Step 5: You can add different description text that will show in the portfolio items listing page to the excerpt module, found below the text editor.
Step 6: Click on "Update" button.
Creating a Portfolio Listing Page
Please follow the steps below to create a standard portfolio:
Step 2: In the VamTam Drag & Drop Page Builder click on the "Portfolio" element. Check out this guide if you don't know how to use the Drag and Drop builder: http://support.vamtam.com/support/solutions/articles/207348.
Step 3: Once the element is added click on the edit button. The option panel will open up:
- Layout: Static - no filtering, Filtering - enables filtering for the portfolio items depending on their category, Scrollable - shows the portfolio items in a slider
- No Paging: If the option is on, it will disable pagination. You can set the type of pagination in Dashboard > Posts > Pagination Type
- Columns: Number of columns to show per page
- Limit: Number of items to show per page. If you set it to -1, it will display all portfolio items
- Display Title: If the option is on, it will display the title of the portfolio post
- Display Description: If the option is on, it will display short description of the portfolio item
- Button Text: The "Read more" button text is filled in this field
- Categories (optional): All categories will be shown if none are selected. Please note that if you do not see categories, there are none created most probably. You can use ctr + click to select multiple categories.
- Portfolio Posts (optional): All portfolio posts will be shown if none are selected. If you select any posts here, this option will override the category option above. You can use ctr + click to select multiple posts.
- Title (optional): The title is placed just above the element.
- Title Type (optional): Title with divider next to it, Title with divider below, No Divider.
Layout and style customisation
You can customise the layout and style of your Portfolio Posts in two locations:
Global Layout and Styles
If you need to change the layout - please navigate to VamTam theme options - Layout.
if you need the change particular area of the website go to the tabs - header, body, footer.
If you need to change the style (colors, backgrounds, typography) please navigate to VamTam theme options - Styles
if you would like to style particular area of the website go to the tabs - header, body, footer.
In VamTam theme options - General Settings - Posts you will find options to show "Related Portfolios". In a single portfolio post view in the top you will find navigation with 3 buttons. The middle gets you to the portfolio listing view.
You will find the option here.
In VamTam theme options - General Settings - Media you will find options to resize portfolio images.
These options control the size of some of the images used by the theme.Changes are not immediate. If you have changed any of these options, please use the Regenerate thumbnails plugin in order to update your images.
Local Layout and Styles
You have an option to override some of global options. These options are located just bellow your text editor. You can create unique style and layout for any blog post. Show Body Top Widget Areas, Page Layout Type, Custom Sidebars, Page Background are such options.